Wednesday 21 November 2012

Chasing Dreams





My newest piece, Chasing Dreams – "She set her dreams free so she could begin to chase them."

I've been holding onto certain dreams, tucked away safely where they can stay in tact and reality can't creep in and taint them. Recently I've found myself setting them free and seeing what happens. Maybe they will be crushed in an instant. But maybe, just maybe they will soar and transform and become something beautiful. First I must set them free, so I can begin to chase them. So, I am speaking my truths and sending my dreams into flight.

My dreams...

1. Sell more art & reproductions of my art – thus affording me more time in the studio CREATING beautiful and meaningful things.

2. Be diligent and devoted to maintaining my studio routines, doing what it takes to keep my creative flow going, and striking a good life/ work/ family balance. Nothing is perfect - I vow to be okay with this and do my best.

3. I'm so lucky to work with many like-minded clients on projects I'm passionate about. I want to attract even more of these great clients, and attract more creative design projects that take advantage of my artistic strengths.

4. Do more illustration work. I got this nifty pen tablet, Wacom Intuos - have you tried it? It's wonderful. I'm having a great time experimenting with all the possibilities. I just love hand-illustrated elements contrasted with clean design.

5. Explore surface pattern design and create something authentic and great.

6. Feel good about where my creative business is at, and where I'm at.

It really is a journey, and one I'm so grateful to be on. I stumble, I have setbacks, and goodness do I ever have "off days". But I truly feel I am contributing something important. I am growing, I am being a role model for my son by pursuing my dreams, and ultimately I am sharing love and beauty. I hope I can inspire you a little and bring something positive into the world.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Ginger! First of all, thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a sweet comment. I am so glad you did as it prompted me to visit you here. Your blog and your artwork are just so lovely. This list is dead on for me, too. It seems so many of us reach for the same things. I'm so glad to know you're here...will definitely stop in from time to time!

    ReplyDelete