Saturday 27 April 2013

on growth


Every day is a growth day. I want to stay in my happy productive zone and skip past all the dark places, but that's just not how it works. We're human, and this means insecurity, guilt, anger, shame, doubt. They creep up on us. I dig in my heels and resist but inevitably I can't avoid the dark moments. I find myself overwhelmed by exhaustion and emotion that are no longer willing to be ignored. It's tough, uncomfortable. But then I find myself on the other side and I know it was necessary to go through it rather than fighting to dodge around it. It's the beauty of growth. And of life.

I've been reading Daring Greatly by Brené Brown. This book is truly profound and life altering. It's also uncomfortable, overwhelming, heartbreaking, and hopeful. All the necessary ingredients for growth. If you haven't found yourself a copy it's so worth hunting one down and carving out some time to read this incredibly crafted insight into the underlying things that drive our beliefs, self-esteem, behaviours, relationships and ultimately our ability to love, lead and parent. Brené Brown has some amazing kernels of wisdom to share.

With renewed confidence and strength,

No comments:

Post a Comment