Thursday 24 October 2013

Autumn



When the seasons change I feel a sense of renewal and upheaval. Routines change, moods shift, new priorities start and end. I get thrown a little and I'm ready for change all at the same time. I tend to take lots of little walks through our neighbourhood when autumn arrives. The landscape is alive with beauty and transformation. Can you believe this is my neighbourhood? (so lucky!)



Autumn brings with it all my favourite things. The air smells different. It's crisper and somehow fresher. There are hints of wood smoke mixed in here and there from all the wood stoves coming alive for the season. The leaves change to glorious oranges, reds and yellows, a favourite colour palette of mine for most of my life. I love being outdoors. The temperature is just right for hikes, brisk walks and sitting on the back deck. I start to get ready to hunker down and hibernate, stay closer to home, do less in a day, go to bed earlier, sleep more, read more. And I simply take in the beauty all around me. 










[ all photos taken by me, ginger deverell ]

I'm in New Westminster, BC (west coast of Canada). This post is part of the flying sisters blog circle - take a peek at what's happening for these wonderful creatives this autumn (or spring for some):

Amy Riddle (Asheville, NC)

Sandy King

Vickie Martin (Atlanta)

Robin Heim (Southern California) 


Naz Laila (Australia)


Hoping you are absorbing the beauty of autumn too. xo
 

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous shots that really exemplify fall! I loved them!! Thank you for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete