Wednesday 2 September 2015

Cultural Crawl 2015 Recap!

What an awesome experience! This was my second year participating in the Annual New West Cultural Crawl, but it was my first year hosting it in my cozy attic home studio. I didn't know what to expect. I thought if nobody showed up I would enjoy a day of making art but instead people trickled into my space all weekend long to the tune of about 120 people. I connected with so many amazing individuals and really enjoyed sharing my process and selling my art. Thanks to everyone who came!




p.s. The winner of my prize draw is Teresa Tomsies, who won the original painting "Whole," as pictured below. This painting is about embracing and celebrating our whole selves, being kind to ourselves and accepting all the parts of what makes us the unique amazing individuals we are – perfectly imperfect beings. This mixed media painting is 8" x 8" on gallery wrapped canvas and was painted by me in 2014. It is an abstract piece with the word "whole" integrated into the painting. Congrats Teresa, I hope you enjoy!



p.p.s The flower bouquets were done for my event by Blossom & Vine Floral Co. And a huge thank you to Trudy and her crew at Van Dop Gallery for organizing this event, and to 100 Braid St Studios for giving me a shout out. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow everything looks beautiful Ginger... I wish I could have been there! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear you had such a great event. I love your picture "whole."

    ReplyDelete